Monday, December 21, 2009

Life back in michigan

I talked to my family back in Mérida on the phone again today. They asked me what they should buy me for lunch tomorrow and it was precious and also made me want to cry. I told them puerco con frijol, which of course I still say wrong, it's frijol con puerco, or beans and pork. It's a traditional "tuesday" dish. I think Tuesday. Also, my papá told me they found this blog of mine (HI PAPÁ!!) and were putting some entries into free translation. They translated the entry about the rat. I wonder how that ended up in Spanish. Actually, I might just go try it myself. But in the mean time, here is a bomba!!! - a very Yucatecan form of poetry. I love bombas. They often have dirty / adult humor in them, but this one is innocently funny. So here is my shout out to my family and the Yucatan in which they live!

Me gusta el pan de progreso... 

jaja caiste?

de verdad:

Bomba!!

ayer al salir de misa
te vi muy sonriente
pero entre tu sonrisa
había un frijol en tu diente

(yesterday leaving from mass i saw you very smiley but in between your smile there was a bean in your tooth)

Love. Amor.
Hugs and Kisses. Abrazos, Besos, Loch.

Alexa

2 comments: